Monday, September 7, 2009

More Kitchen Time



I'm always on the lookout for a good Chicken Satay recipe and I happened to come across this one while I was actually searching for something completely different. I find a lot of satay recipes turn out to be too peanut buttery and really thick. But this one is really, melt in your mouth, good.



Chicken Marinade
4 small-med Chicken breasts cut into cubes to be skewered.
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1 clove garlic (chopped)
Green Ginger (I don't know how you measure ginger, but about the size of 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped.)
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Brown Sugar
dash of salt and pepper





Mix it all together and put in fridge for at least an hour. When ready put onto wooden skewers and grill.

Peanut Sauce
1 Cup coconut milk
1 TB turmeric powder
1/4-1/2 Cup peanut butter (this all depends on your preference, the sauce thickens up pretty quickly and you can always add in more at any time. I also think this recipe would be really good with cashew butter, and I think I'll try it next time.)
3/4 Cup chicken stock
1/4 Cup brown sugar
2 TB lemon juice
1 TB soy sauce
Dried hot red chili flakes (this again, depends on your preference of spiciness, add a bit and taste until you get it to where you like it)



Bring coconut milk, curry powder, peanut butter, chicken stock and brown sugar to simmer. Stir all until smooth, then reduce the heat so it's not bubbling anymore then stir in lemon juice and soy sauce. If sauce thickens up too much I add a little bit of regular milk to it. Serve Chicken over rice and top with the sauce. Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails