Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I bless the rains down in Africa...."


"It's gonna take a lot to
drag me away from you,
There's nothing that a hundred
men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do
the things we never haaaaaaad"

Whenever it rains here I get THIS song stuck in my head, then I think of China. In the small town we lived in, Fuyang, we had one main dig called Music House where all the foreigners tended to congregate. A very large percentage of the foreigners (like 5 out of all 10 of us) were from South Africa, so this song got played a lot in the pub.

Probably the only place in the world you would actually "bless" the rains. I know my friends and family up in the North West curse the rains most of the year. But there's something about Africa (perhaps how it's mostly desert) where the rain is usually welcomed. We get so much beautiful weather here, I find myself really enjoying the dark clouds when I can curl up with a book on the couch and get lost for the afternoon.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails