Monday, August 31, 2009

Feeling Centered





I finally feel like I'm back to normal after 3 days in bed and 2 days not moving far from the couch, plus another 2 days forcing myself to go to work even when I felt like I still wanted to snuggle up on the couch and watch "Amazing Animal Moments" dvd. But by Saturday I had a heavy case of cabin fever and couldn't wait to go outside and do something. Plus, once again, Cape Town treated us to another gorgeous weekend, and there was just no way I was going to spend it feeling sick.

Saturday we went into town to go to the farmer's market. There wasn't anything we needed, but it was a new one that we'd never gone to before and just wanted to check it out. We bought some delicious chicken, almond and apricot sausages that we had that evening for dinner. After our market tour we decided to head up the coast a bit and check out the West Coast National Park. It was absolutely stunning up there and we even visited with some Ostriches (I feel like it should be Ostri).




~so I like flowers...~


~mussel colony~







We have a great guest photographer this week at Salt Heart, these last photos are just a few of what Eliot captured of our beautiful day.









Sunday we got up early and went for breakfast at a place just up the road from where we live. It's right on the beach and it's called The Orca Cafe, which was perfect because we watched the whales jumping right off the coast while we had breakfast. No on else in the restaurant seemed to notice, so when our slightly awkward waitress came over I told her "There's whales jumping out there!" to which she replied "yes" almost like "duh, they're on our payroll." After breakfast we both got in the water to do some surfing (I knew the salt water would help clear out the rest of my sinuses). And in the afternoon we went down to the waterfront to watch the F1 Grand Prix. Eliot is a huge Formula 1 fan, and I have to say, after being to 2 races up in Shanghai I really enjoy watching it too. But I realized this weekend that my absolute favorite part about watching it is at the very end when the winners get to go up on the podium. They get so excited to be up there (especially if it doesn't happen for them very often), and I just love seeing someone accomplish something they've worked so hard for. It's just my favorite part, thought I'd share it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails