Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Happenings



~View from our braii porch as the sun sets in Cape Town~

So I've started working now, and the weekends have become very precious to me. It seemed like in China we never really had weekends, just one day a week Eliot and I got to hang out together, and the rest of the time he was working and/or I was going to classes. So on the downside I've started working (nothing too exciting so I won't bore you with the details), but on the plus side, we actually have real weekends that we try and cram pack full of stuff we really love doing (weather permitting). Friday night we had a "proper braii" at out place with some good friends. Now that we have a kitchen and can buy the ingredients we like, we really enjoy having people over for dinner, or just drinks.






Notice the name of the wine? Delicious South African wine named after my hometown :)


On Saturday we mostly just laid low and chilled. It wasn't an absolutely spectacular, sunny Cape Town day, although Eliot did manage to get some good body surfing in.

Sunday though we managed to get out on the water and go sailing! We took out a 46' sail cat with the guys that Eliot works with and they're significant others. It was a beautiful day, and the weather was perfect for being out there. Although I didn't take too many photos. I guess I was too busy sipping wine and enjoying myself to be bothered. After we got off the water we ended the day by body surfing at the beach in front of our place until the sun went down. It's safe to say, I'm really loving being here, and I feel like there's always so much to do, and 2 day weekends are not enough.


View of Table Mountain and the Lion's Head from Table Bay


Eliot at the helm


Mike and Anthea

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails