Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sick

This past weekend was not so exciting. Saturday started off as a normal day. Eliot got up early to go for a kiteboarding lesson, and I was pretty excited to get some things accomplished for myself. I did manage to go to the farmer's market and pick up a couple of things, but by the time I got home I was already feeling horrible. Achy, chilly, feverish and all I wanted to do was climb under a blanket and take a nap.

Sunday, I wasn't feeling great, but I thought I was on the mend, and had only caught some little bug that was going around. I even got out of bed long enough to go and watch the F1 Grand Prix with Eliot at a pub just down the road from us. But about half way through it, I was ready to go back to bed.

Monday I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. Everything hurt, I just wanted to go to sleep but because I was so achy our bed didn't even feel comfortable. My head was throbbing, and to make things worse I could feel and ear infection coming on. The last time I remember feeling this bad was when I got my wisdom teeth out in June 2008. So Eliot got off work a bit early to take me to the doctor and to see if she could release this awful thing that was possessing my body. She gave me some antibiotics, along with some pro-biotics and vitamin C and told me to rest for a couple of days.

Today (Tuesday) I don't feel 100%, but I'm definitely getting better and hopefully I'll make it back to work tomorrow. Eliot has really taken care of me and been awesome through all my moaning, complaining and generally just acting like a princess. I'm so lucky to have such a great guy who looks after me so well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails