Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In the Kitchen




So as I mentioned, we've been really enjoying having a good kitchen and have been doing quite a lot of cooking. We also get quite a variety of fruits and veggies in our CSA bag every week, which makes finding recipes and experimenting with new veggies really enjoyable.

This week, amongst many other things, we received kohlrabi.



I'd never even heard of this before, but a quick google search of the root vegetable and I also discovered a new favorite food blogger, Morta Di Fame, who gave me a great recipe for this veggie. Pasta Con Cavalo (kohlrabi): A very delicious and light garlic tomato sauce served over fettuccine and, of course, the cooked kohlrabi. The recipe is really simple and I was delightfully surprised with how much I liked the kohlrabi.


~Simmering Sauce~


~Kohlrabi cooking with the pasta~


~Pasta Con Cavalo~

1 comment:

the halfrican said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails