Friday, May 28, 2010

The Need to Blog



Hey blogging world. I'm getting really good at ignoring this area, and I feel bad about that. I don't know why. It's my blog, it should be here for me for whenever I need it. But I like to keep it updated, so someday I can look back and remember what was going on during this time in my life. Maybe that's just it...nothing is really going on. Well, things are always going on, but not like a few months ago when I was living in South Africa and every day was a completely new discovery, and I had plenty of reasons to come here and share what it was.

Life is good and I'm feeling really content with things right now. School is stressful, but I'm feeling like I have a good grasp of it. I have 3 weeks left of this quarter which means I'm just that much closer to my goals and dreams (right?). I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with this art in terms of a career. Although those thoughts are occupying less of my time these days than actually just focusing on the here and now.

One thing I realized a few weeks ago is that since I've started school, my photographing has taken a serious dive. So right now I'm working on taking my camera everywhere with me and bringing it out as much as possible.

So what's new?.......

Salt and pepper mills!


Haha, so I know this isn't very exciting, but I am quite pleased with this recent purchase. We've been looking and pricing these out since we moved here in January. But we've been on quite a budget and just haven't felt the need to get them...until now. We found these long, tall and handsome grinders and are really happy with them. They're bamboo with a ceramic mechanism (so as not to corrode) and I can't wait to try them out. Silly? Maybe. But again, it's my blog and I can put whatever I want on here.

Eliot and I are headed away for this long weekend to St. Augustine, the oldest city in the US. Looking forward to relaxing, putting my feet up and spending time with my favorite person. Also, reading. I'm not doing enough of it these days, and I have a few books stacking up. One being True Blood Omnibus (vampires), another The War of Art (self help-ish book to help me remind myself I'm succeeding just by doing what I love) and another Travels (purely just for fun, Eliot got it for me for Valentine's Day back in February). I think I'll just take all 3 and choose which to work on depending on my mood.

Have a lovely weekend! xxx

1 comment:

Matthew Roddy said...

Those grinders are fan-tabulous, friend! And definitely worth the investment, especially for those who enjoy a well-seasoned meal. Me? I put freshly ground pepper on everything! It's just so damn good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails