Saturday, May 15, 2010

Life Update

It's Saturday night! Woohoo! Actually... I'm home, it's nearly 10pm and my bed is looking really cozy right now. Lame? Maybe to the 19 year old Ashley, but right now I'm loving it. My weeks have been HECTIC, and it seems the weekends are the only time I have to settle down a bit, get to bed early, and work on my own schedule. Eliot has been gone for the past 3 weeks. And although I miss him so much (and can't wait until he gets home next Friday), it really has been a good time for me to get some true, genuine, uninterrupted ME time (also lots of baby time with my neighbor Chantale's newborn). I haven't been able to reflect on this blog about it, but my head is full of thoughts. A lot of my thoughts are about the future, and what going to school is going to allow me to do. I'm loving learning to be creative and surprising myself sometimes with what I come up with. I want to get started on the future right now, and start planning and building upon what I've already learned. But I also know that I need to pace this and soak up everything I can before I make a move.

I'm getting prepared to go to China this summer for what I know will be a life changing experience. I'm so lucky to get this opportunity and I really want to get the most out of it. It's easy after so much traveling to take for granted these things that come up, but I'm viewing this trip as completely different from my previous China trip (life?) and embracing it as a different experience altogether. I also can't wait to get there with my camera and document it. For those who don't know what I'm going to be doing over there, I've been brought on board to head up THIS program.

I'm also working on my divemaster right now. I love being underwater, blowing bubbles and achieving this next level in one of my favorite hobbies. I'm hoping to finish it before leaving for China, but I'm not rushing it by any means. I am however, looking forward to doing a lot more diving in our FL waters.

Just a little post/update about what's going on with me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails