Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another Last


I had my last Chinese class on Thursday. I haven’t stopped studying and am still doing it at home, but right now there’s no one holding me accountable except…myself. And in my experience with myself I find I’m not a very strict teacher. I really love learning Chinese and in the past few weeks have started learning characters. I don’t want to forget what I’ve learned and I am looking for a language school in Cape Town so I can continue studying. But like I said before, nothing is going to be the same as being completely immersed in a language and culture like I’ve been the past 10 months.

I want to especially thank this lady here:



Flora LaoShi has been teaching me Chinese for the past 5 months and she’s a wonderful teacher. She’s also very patient and a good friend. I know we’ll keep in touch when I leave and I hope that our paths will cross again someday.

Here’s something I’m not going to miss:



I snapped this photo at the bus station I wait at every day to get to Hangzhou and go to class. I’ve seen this guy hanging out before, but he never sat still long enough to get a photo. Makes my skin crawl a little bit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails