Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life in Florida...so far

I feel like since we started our new life (in FL) I haven't had much time for this blog. I know I've posted up photos from school and such. But this is supposed to be my journal (sort of) and I'm not even documenting what is really going on. So here's life in FL so far.

People still tell me I have an accent and ask me where I'm from. I got this quite a bit when I was home over Christmas too. And sometimes, and I'm not really sure why, I'm embarrassed to tell them it's because I've been living with my British boyfriend in places like China and South Africa where no one sounds American. I think the embarrassment comes because it always requires further explanation. It's not like you can really just throw that into a conversation and not explain yourself.

School is going well, although has it's normal frustrations. I'm having to take a lot of "foundation" classes right now and only have one photography class. I'm lucky though because I already did 2 years of school, so a lot of the English and Math classes I would normally be required to take, I don't because I already have. (You're probably thinking I should take some more English after reading this.) And, next quarter is going to be a lot more about photography.

I've been thinking A LOT about China lately. I know, it's crazy! I couldn't wait to get out of that place when I lived there. But I find myself missing a lot of that craziness now that I'm so far away from it. Good news though: It's looking like I might be heading there this summer for a short time. More on that, when I know more.

Our house is pretty much furnished. The only room that is still a bit empty is the guest bedroom/my sewing room. I got my new sewing machine so I'm looking for a desk to put in it to add to the futon we have in there. But, we can have guests now! So if anyone is thinking of taking a vacation to FL, or bringing the kiddos to Disney World let us know, you'll have a place a stay.

Alright, that's all I can bore you with for now. Life in FL is, well, pretty mellow. And I kind of like it. I don't know I could really focus on school as much if it were any other way. But this is just a different step in life, and I'm sure it will all change again shortly.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails