Friday, December 4, 2009

BACK bLOGGING

Whew! This past month has been wonderful, and I can't believe November is already gone and it's now December. We had a so much fun with our friends and family that came to visit. It's so cool for us to have visitors in such a far away land. But before I go into that, I'll update you on us.

Eliot called me today from work to tell me that he got his US visa stamped into his passport! This is really exciting because, as many of you know, we've been waiting and planning for this for over a year. We can now legally move back to the US and Eliot will be able to work there with no other issues.

Speaking of moving back to the US, in one week from today we're starting our journey back via England! We'll be in England for 5 days before flying to Tampa. In Tampa we'll drop off some of our stuff, check on our little Subaru, grab our snowboarding gear, possibly check out some places to live and then fly up to Seattle on the 20th! I'm really excited to spend Christmas at home this year and to catch up with friends and family. After Christmas Eliot and I are planning a snowboarding holiday around the Northwest area (including Baker, BC and possibly Crystal). Hopefully we can convince some friends to join us up at Baker :0)

On the 3rd of January we'll be flying back to sunny Florida to start our new life in the US. This past year and a half has been such a great opportunity for us and really an amazing adventure. I feel like I've grown so much and been able to expand my mind with so many different and new challenges. But I am really looking forward to having a place of our own. To be able to create a home for us by us makes me excited.

So onwards and upwards, always moving, never staying the same. I'm leaving my safe harbor once again to embark on a more "permanent" adventure. I can't wait to see where this next passage takes me. What will I find in Florida? And will I love it as much as I've loved China, South Africa, Maine, England and Bellingham? All places I consider home in one capacity or another? Stay tuned I guess...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails