Saturday, October 24, 2009

I woke up at 5:30 this morning...

...which totally sucks. Saturday morning, the one morning I can sleep in and I'm awake at 5:30. I don't know what's wrong with me, especially since I can sleepy ANYWHERE at ANYTIME, except my bed on Saturday mornings apparently.

So while shutting my eyes tight and trying desperately to get back to sleep I was thinking about a lot of things. One of those things being food (no surprise there), which made my mind start thinking about breakfast and what we were going to have (I usually cook big brekkie on Saturday morning, something I credit to my father). Then I started thinking about our CSA bag and how I should really be using things from that since we're going to be gone next weekend, oh and we have a lot of eggs in the fridge.

I don't know why I decided to take photos of it this morning, but here it is:
Spanish Tortillas



olive oil
2 sm-med Potatoes (peeled and diced)
2 Spring onions (I used chives this morning, cause that's what I had)
Bit o' Cilantro (some call it coriander, but it's a Spanish Tortilla so today it's Cilantro)
4 Eggs
Cumin
Paprika
Salt and Pepper
Sour Cream

* Put a bit of oil in a pan and add the potatoes with salt and pepper and just a smidge of paprika. When sizzling cover pan and let fry/steam themselves for a bit (like 10 min). While potatoes are cooking beat 4 eggs into a bowl, and add onions (or chives) and cilantro and a dash of cumin (out of habit, I always crack some salt and pepper into my eggs that I'm about to cook, doesn't seem to hurt anything). Add the cooked potatoes to the egg mixture and make sure everything is mixed together well. Add a bit more oil to the pan (you DON'T want this sticking) and then pour in the eggs with potatoes. Drop the heat waaaaay down, you don't want it cooking too fast. Let is simmer in the pan until it's cooked almost completely through on top. Then I slid it out onto a plate and flipped it back into the pan to cook for a couple more minutes on the other side. Cut and serve with a drop of sour cream, perfect morning breakfast for the sleepless.


~Chives~


~Steamy Potatoes and Cilantro~


~Sizzling away~


~Perfecta!~



1 comment:

Angela Tucker said...

That looks fantastic! You've inspired me to get a little more creative in my cooking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails